Thursday 10 November 2016

Extended Practice Idea

I have been wondering about my extended practice since the end of last year and through the summer I decided I want to make a dance animation. I feel like my whole interest in animation has always been in relation to human anatomy and its movement, and I have always been fascinated by contemporary dance. Basically, I am going to treat this module as a platform for doing something I feel my whole practice has been building up to. I feel like I have developed my animation and drawing skills to a point where I can execute this project to a high level. I have a pretty specific idea of what I want to do when it comes to live action part of the video but for the animated part I would ned to do some testing because I want it to be glitchy. Basically I am going to use this soundtrack:
The idea is to communicate a story using body language (dance) and use animation as a means of exaggeration for the movement. The first verse would be a girl dancing (live action) as the chorus would start she would change into animation and would be glitchy, as the second verse would start the girl would disappear and a male figure would appear. It then would follow the males choreography and again the chorus would be animated. The third verse would be the man and girl finally see each other and do synchronised choreography. they would be like a mirror- synchronised but could really cross the line to touch each other and the third chorus would be going back and forth from animated to live action to give it this explosive glitchy feel.
In a nutshell I have built my whole idea around this song and I can't wait to get started!!


No comments:

Post a Comment