Thursday 21 May 2015

Final Discovery animtion



Well, to be completely honest I was not very happy with the animation once I scanned it in and put it together. As for the sound bed I thought I wanted something like an acoustic guitar playing an upbeat tune. Then I immediately remember how I researched Neverhood for the Animation Skills module and its soundtrack. 

The sound bed for Neverhood is absolutely genius, but one track in particular fitted my animation perfectly. However I did had to speed up the tempo and cut it up in a way that it would synch with the animation. After the crit session I realised how much the I dent looked better just because of the sound bed and I realised how much of a change the music has made. Now I am never going to underestimate the power of a good soundtrack.
Also the crit session provided me with some really beneficial feedback. However I am a bit disappointed that I did not manage to apply any significant changes. But if I came back to these projects later on I would know what to correct. for instance on the E4 logo, the composition in one point was a bit too much to the left, as for the Discovery one, I could make it look more sketchy or finalise it, because at this point it needs tweaking.
Well in a nutshell I took a lot from making these idents and I am not ashamed to sign my name under them. In fact Im proud of what I learned while making them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment