Thursday 8 January 2015

Classical Elements: part three

Animating frame by frame demands a lot of patients. Especially if you decide to scan in all of the 240 frames with scanner.
First of all, one of my great downfalls with this project was that I did not test it. I should have scanned it in as soon as I had the first few frames and see what it looks like. As for the animating, there's not much to talk about, just drawing key frames, looking at the animatic, filling in the inbetweens. I decided to outline everything in the frame with a marker because I felt like it gave it a better look.
After 7 hours of scanning the frames I learned a few things- the scanner was too small for the frames, by overlooking that fact I jeopardized the composition of the frames, which resulted in an unsteady and messy look of the animation. The other thing I learned is always check the dpi. Mine was set too high, which resulted in slowing down the process. The third thing- I'm just not patient and tidy enough for this process.
The end result did not satisfy me, and to be honest made me panic.
Apparently it was 30 frames per second, but even by slowing it down did not look good to me. So I decided to try and redo it on Flash,

No comments:

Post a Comment