Wednesday 16 March 2016

SISTERS character design

So for the Loop De Loop brief the next stage is character design. I wanted the sisters to be not as much children as teenagers, just because I feel that is the stage of life when you fight with your siblings the most, well at least for me it was.
So lately I have been trying to develop new styles character design wise, so I felt like experimenting with some of the features, like making the eyes really big, making the shape of the face more round, playing around with hair styles and such.

Also I played around with the colour schemes a bit. However I ended up using the colors that suited the background the most. As for the background, I did not have a lot of time for the pre-production stage so I was trying to save as much time as possible, I had an idea of stylizing a real photo, because drawing in the back of the car would have taken quite a while, and also backgrounds are not my strong suit. When I've put up the background on flash to see hoe to stylise it so it goes with the characters, I have noticed that what ever I drew did not work with the characters. So I had an idea of using the actual reference image, cut the windows of the car out on photoshop and putting back up on Flash. And it seemed to work really nicely and it saved me loads of time. Then I colored in the characters trying to  make the pop out of the background.
(color and hairstyle considerations)

No comments:

Post a Comment