Wednesday 10 May 2017

Editing

I had the biggest emotional rollercoaster when it came to editing the footage. Then I started putting everything together on premier things looked really bad. The positioning of the dancer was all over the place, the shots were't steady, I did not realise the background looked so bas (the posters on the door, shoe rack, radiator) I started seeing things that I overlooked and I just had a complete meltdown. I actually started crying because I thought the whole project was nonsense because of my in experience. But then calmed down and showed to other people and everyone said it's actually not that bad as I think it is. Then I talked to Annabeth and she showed me the magic of editing. She showed me  a few editing tools and said that you can get a lot done with editing. I am actually really grateful that she knocked me back into sense and I started looking up editing tutorials. I spent half a day going through all of the premier effects and see what they do. Once all of my footage was cut u and put together I was ready to do some effects.  This where things got fun, I started playing around with various effects I found out about and through experimenting I started getting the Images I wanted in the first place. By the time it was screening test day I was actually happy with hat I came u with and I felt like finally it was looking good for my project. It was very beneficial that Annabeth made us do the animatics and work on top of them. I still had the premier project file for my animatic so putting the footage together was lot easier because of that. 
I found one editing method I really liked. It basically duplicating the footage into the layers
 And the setting the blending mode to overlay on all of the layers except the last one. Now this is not random because I tried all of the blending mode this was the one I like the most. sometimes I would even change the opacity just so it would not be over the top.
Then I got the channel mix effect and change very layer except the last one once again. I would try to keep it glitchy looking so I would make a combination of red and green, or pink and blueish green. basically I would adjust it to my preferences.

 And then just change the positioning on the layer once again without touching the bottom one. I found that it was best to change only horizontal or vertical positioning one at a time because if I were to put in kei frames and animate the layers moving (glitching) diagonal animations did not look that good. It was best to stick to one trajectory at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment