Tuesday 9 May 2017

Filming

The time finally came to film! Can't say I was excited about it because I had no clue how to do it. I went down to the AV suite to get out some lighting, a stabiliser and some lenses. Matt started asking about what kind of lighting I wanted, do I have a lighting plan,what camera angles I will film from and I realised how little I have planned for it so that made me panic. Once we got to the studio I trusted Vasare (my friend) with filming an I just directed Katy as well Vasare. The reason I asked Vasare to help me because she just got of a similar student project and I figured she had some valuable input. It was an exhausting 3 hours, but we managed to get some cool stuff so I felt like everyone did they best they could which I was happy with. The main problems I had were I did not have a plan of camera angles so we had to find them as we went along, some planning for that would have made Vasares job a lot easier. I was a bit frustrated that Katy was not emoting as much I would have liked but apart from the she was amazing, she put so much effort into her performance, she had a really good attitude throughout the whole project and she took direction pretty well. I directed Katy through the emotions she should be projecting, and what body language I wanted but I feel like that did not come across in the end. The poor thing had to dance 3 hours straight and do it 100% every time, I can't even imagine how she managed to move the next day from being soar.  
Overall if I did this again I would put more effort into planning before hand into what is is exactly I need to achieve. I was bit over the place which is not good since it rubs off onto everyone else on the set. But in the end it was really fun and I really enjoyed this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment