Wednesday 13 April 2016

11 Second Club challenge


Well pretty straightforward competition. I loved the idea of character animation because yet again it gives me an opportunity to play around with characters. Since the website provides free rigs it was tempting to try and work with 3d again however I still went with flash because I felt I would have been more of a challenge. I did nit had a lot of time for this brief because I had a eek left for submissions, this due to me failing at time management but is till went on to attempt animate an appealing character.
I started of with some idea generating sketches as to who I thought the character should be.
But then I realised I was going to on the nose with it. Why can't it be an animal? So i juggled with that idea-
So once again I went with the animal idea. Because I thought it would be a bit contrasting to the audio and thus give it more character. So I started animating it. What I did was putting in the audio file into flash and animating a stick figure into what i thought would help to play out the character more and play around with body language. SO i built it the same way as usual.



Powering through three 12 hour days I managed to animate it and soon after submit it. This project was a quick one yet the most difficult one. I did not do any pre production or preparation for it but it was demanding to animate everything frae by frame. I am happy with the way it turned out and it seemed to make my peers lough which was the whole point. here is the final animation and the submission screenshot-







No comments:

Post a Comment