Wednesday 13 April 2016

Orchard Pig: Mascot Design part two

Once we were both happy with the last poster I went on making the 3d model of The Pig. Going back to Maya was a bit scary but once I realized I still had a fresh memory of whats what left from the Character and Narrative module I was really confident with making the model. Surprisingly enough I did not need a refresher course on how to use modeling tools so I just got on with it. I started of the same way we did with the demo character back in Character and Narrative- with the pelvis and working my way up.

 As I made it up to the head I had a problem with the ear as it was a very complex shape. It was not as much of a problem as just a really tricky bit, that needed a lo of consideration and careful modelling so as to keep the model neat and tidy with no unnecessary vertices or such.

As I completed the head I went on to the legs and feet. I made a small curl in the legs geometry so as to compliment the material and that then finished up the feet.


 As soon as I was done I was really happy with how it turned out so I made a quick turntable for the model-

Now it was ready to be textured so I handed it in to Wing.
Since I have done the bigger part of the mascot design Wing volunteered to make some rendered out pictures with the mascot participating in festival stands and football games. As the pictures were finished we were ready for the final crit session.

No comments:

Post a Comment