Friday 31 October 2014

Illustrator induction

We got introduce to another useful piece of software from the Adobe family- Illustrator, to be more specific- the pen tool. To be honest I tried using Illustrator before and I found it useful that it works vectors, rather than Photoshop that works in pixels, but I just never got around to figure the programme out. As for the pen tool, I have came across it before but just didn't understand it and found it annoyng because I couldn't figure out how to stop it. But after this exercise I actually like it.

So we covered how to do straight lines, curves, curves with corners and such. Afterwards you can have some fun with the strokes by using the select tool, there is a variety of brushes you can select and play around with, so that's really useful.  This might come in handy if I ever had to design a logo, poster or any that type of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment