Thursday 30 October 2014

Storyboard Refferences: Iron Man 2

I know I might be repeating myself a bit by blogging about Ryan Woodward again, but in all fairness his work is exemplary. I guess it is safe to assume that there is really only a handful of people that haven't seen Iron Man yet, that's why this might seem interesting even for those who aren't necessarily into animation or storyboarding.
I personally am not that fond of action movies and all Marvel comics seem the same to me (sorry), but for some reason I actually liked Iron Man, maybe it's because the main character doesn't have any supernatural  powers, he's just a genius, and for once there is a Marvel character that has some what realistic abilities. But anyway, my creative crush did the storyboarding for this movie so I am obliged to blog about it. Woodward is really consistent in his drawing style which is really dynamic, simple and some what cartoon -ish. Usually there isn't a lot or anything written on his storyboards, but there really isn't any need for captions. The panels are clear and have all the information needed- lighting, composition, camera angles. In fact, I believe they are so well drawn, you could pass them off as comics if any color was added.

No comments:

Post a Comment