Tuesday 21 October 2014

Storyboarding

This one was fun! Our first animation skills lesson taught us the importance of storyboardining, and how to create a storyboard to begin with. We had to pick out a nursery rhyme and make a storyboard for it. It was fun to see everyone putting their individual twist on a well-known nursery rhyme, but above all else I learned to think about the camera angles, camera movement, composition. And in general storyboarding is new for me and I found it to be a more structured and clear way of working. So here's my story board for Little Miss Muffet-
As you probably noticed I couldn't help and put my own twist on it as well. As the spider approaches Miss Muffet, she realizes that she is intoxicated by the mushrooms in her curds and flies away. After this I made a colored version and a black and white version to experiment with tones-
In the colored one I used a combination of blue and pink to exaggerate the surrealistic experience and just to make a dead give away for the "being high" twist. In the black and white version I tried to work with tones and shading to work out what kind of lighting I wanted, whether it's soft lighting or make a greater contrast towards the "realization" part just to add more drama feel to it.
To sum up, this process was really useful because it helped me to understand how to organize my work in the pre-production stages of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment