Monday 2 March 2015

Applied Animation: Maya Tutorials

So finally we were introduced to the 3d modelling programme Maya. I always wanted to give it a try but i seemed to complicated for me to tackle alone without help. So finally we had a tutorial.
We were introduced with the interface and how to make basic geometrical shapes, how to control the camera angles, assign materials. Then we made a truck and learned how to render it out. during the rendering stage we played around with the lighting and surfaces that is why my truck is glowing and floating on water-
To be honest I found the programme very confusing and difficult and I didn't like the fact that there is no drawing involved, and it just exhausted my mind. But the next day I wanted to do it again. So I did! Because we were asked to make a model of our choice just to learn how to use the programme and have a play with it. Since Im not very good with it I stuck with simple shape so I ended up making a pencil-
Then I tried playing around with lighting and just in general rendering options so I ended up with a very dramatic pencil
So in a nutshell, Maya is confusing, hard to understand, but if you manage to make something with it you just feel like a genius and in general happy with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment