Thursday 19 March 2015

Visual Language:You Spin Me Right Round

So for this task we were asked to pick an object and do a turnaround animation. Pretty straightforward, right? Was not as easy at it sounds though.
I picked my shoe for the turnaround. When I sketched my object I realised it is going to be difficult to maintain proportion and a consistent anchor point. To start off I took some quick sketches o analyse the object and since its a shoe, I tried imagining the foots position in it just to understand the curves of it. 
I decided to do it digitally because the task seemed difficult enough as it was, so I did on Flash. First of all I made a grid just so I don't loose proportion. The according to the sketches I made and curved the lines to make the figure of the shoe. I drew it every 90 degrees and then filled in the res of the frames. I've also put in some more frames in some places to give the turnaround motion the feel of easing in and out. Here is the end result-

No comments:

Post a Comment