Thursday 19 March 2015

Visual Language: Set, Series, Sequence

We were briefed on a pretty interesting task: to pick a word and explore it visually by drawing 32 images that pops up to our head when we hear the word. After that we were asked to pick one drawing and explore it with a series of 8 more drawings. We were asked to consider line, mark, media, tone, texture, viewpoint, expressions. And the finally produce a sequence of 12 images to tell a short visual narrative. It should be simple and to the point. Write down your your narrative and then visualise it. I piked the word FLIGHT.  So these are my favourite ones from the 32 drawings-





 I had trouble picking one image so I tried redoing a few-


Finally I picked the Mr.Fahrenheit one. It is basically a pretty literal interpretation of the "Don't Stop Me Now" song lyrics, I'm referring here to the exact lyrics: "I'm burning through the sky, yeah
200 degrees, that's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit"
I thought it would be interesting to explore this further so these are a a few of the 8 drawings:



And then for the 12 panel narrative, I decided to basically interpret more of the lyrics from the song-

Overall, I had a lot of fun creating these. I could have done some of them more thoroughly but I am happy with the overal result.

No comments:

Post a Comment