Tuesday 17 November 2015

Character and Narrative: UV mapping

After successfully mirroring my character and finishing off the mesh I saved it and proceeded with doing the eyes and the jaw. Unfortunately Maya crashed without me backing up that work. I figured I will comeback to it later and proceeded with the UV mapping. So we were showed how to unfold our character and put it in Photoshop, draw some things on it and bring it back to Maya! Basically we opened up the UV texture editor, cut up the character and boom- all of it is magically done!

then just by going in shell mode re-arrange the parts and we have neat and tidy character UV map ready to go, the saving it as a jped and you're free to fool around with it in Photoshop. Then just assign it as a new material. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment