Thursday 26 November 2015

Chracter and Narrative: painting weights

So I have finally moved onto painting weights on my character. I thought it was going to be diffucult, but appearantly once agan I was mistaken. Basically just picking up the paint weights tool and clicking on the verticies you can tell Maya how you want your mesh to be affected by the joints and their position, so it was just a matter of selecting every joint and corecting the amount of influence it has on certain parts of the mesh. For instance the fingers, since their joints ar so close together, after binding, moving one finger it moves some of the geometry on the other finger and it just looks untidy. So the paint weights tool just helps to clean that up.
After painting the weights on, I have done some of the final housekeeping and neating up the character, locking away some of the attributes and connecting everything to the master controller.
Finally my character is rigged and ready to bully everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment