Monday 2 May 2016

Applied Animation: Character Color testing

After we went through the character designs with Ollie, I decided to do a color test so it would be easier for Ollie and I to adjust to each others work, my characters to his backgrounds. I decided the astronauts would not really need a color test, there's only so much shades of grey you can through, and it's  not like astronaut suits are going to be pink. So here are a couple of tests:


For the surgeon, Ollie already had a distinct idea of what colors he wants to use for the backgrounds so I just made it based on that. However Ollie suggested to put more blood on the character, so did two versions to see which one we would like more. I thought the blood seemed a bit too much, it almost made the surgeon look incompetent and that was not what were going for

No comments:

Post a Comment