Wednesday 4 May 2016

Applied Animation: key keyframing

After the crit session we moved on to animating (finally!!). Ollie went on making backgrounds and I started key framing. We both agreed that I would set up all the flash files and do the key framing and whatever tweens I could do and Ollie would be in charge of the in-betweens. We agreed this would be the best way because the animations would be more consistent in style and animation. I started with Ethans interview because it was the shortest one and also the most expressive one. What I decided to do was essentially the same as my Sisters animation for responsive, where I rigged the 2d character into separate objects and just moved the rigged limbs with motion tweens. For Ethans character I broke him down into body, head legs and as for the arms, I've put in place holder objects because we wanted to animate them frame by frame. I volunteered to animate the face as well, but Ollie said he wanted to try that as well so I left it up to him. Setting this up did not pose any challenges and I felt very much in my comfort zone, I have managed to explain the basics to Ollie as he was making the background designs on Flash. It was a very efficient session and I feel that it should not pose any problems in later stages of animating. Here is the key-framed file ready to animate:

No comments:

Post a Comment