Monday 9 May 2016

Applied Animation: Lip Synching

Animating the face of the astronauts was difficult but I ended up having fun with it. We had a whole lecture about lip syncing and we even made quick animations on after effects to test it. We were showed which mouth movements simulate which sounds and how to animate it.
When I was ready to animate the face of the astronauts I thought it would be beneficial to try and sketch the characters talking as well as practice face expressions so I made this sketch:

 This made the animating a lot easier, when I was doing the lips I kept looking this sketch up. Also, while animating the face I decided to improvise a little with the facial expressions because there were some pauses and in the interview as well as giggles or weird noises. When it came to animating the male astronaut a.k.a. it was really fun because he was not talking too much so I just worked on the facial expressions and did not have to go through the tedious work of lip syncing, I made quick sketch to practice some facial expressions:
I wanted to make this character to add something to the interview instead of just floating around. And when the animation was done I think i achieved that. I was really happy with this interview being done so I showed it to my parents first. They both got a good laugh out of it which pretty much was all that mattered to me with this interview. Here is the finished scene:

No comments:

Post a Comment